Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Readers Response...(Ms. Kerstin Meyer from Houston, Texas)

Kiki has left a new comment on your post "Ignorance is bliss...so they say.": Brings us back to the 10 questions God will never ask you! Who cares if your clothes read "Nike", your shoes have Mike all over them or if you have visited the "PhatFarm" lately! My clothes serve one purpose: they keep me from being arrested (don't do too good in walking around naked in public), they keep me warm (doesn't take much in Houston), and they may help me look halfway descent (fig leaf didn't work anymore).The majority of them does not have any emblems on them whatsoever, but portray who I AM, and not what society thinks I should be.Who cares if your vehicle has a big "L" on it, is made in Bavaria (hey - we're talking about originals right, so the America-made version is not good enough!), or has made the commercials as the big H3? Guess what... whatever it is that has wheels on it - it takes me from point A to point B (and with lots of prayer eventually even to C) just as it gets you to places you need to go to. The difference is only that I don't have a $800 car note!It is more than rediculous that there are people out there that encourage their kids to define themselfs on the brand-name clothing they wear, what kind of car Mom and Dad (if he is indeed around) drives to pick them up from school, and if they have the latest IPod (or whatever gadget it needs to be that particular day).I will take this even a step further even though I understand the issue concerning Timberlake/Hilfiger... The ideal scenario of course, would be to boycott any manufacturer, any product, any service that has to do with any racial issues - anywhere! But in order to do that, one has to change its views on making up for a lack of self esteem by replacing it with logos.And I totally agree with you Gene - there's just one way to find out who you really are - and that is by seeking and asking Him!You can use those famous letters "WWJD" for every question that you may have... and if you are really open to an honest answer, you may just have gotten a little closer to who He really wants you to be.AMEN my brother!!

No comments: