Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Day That Brought Me Up...And Made Me Whole.

Today, I went out on my lawn and look toward the Heavens and stood silently, listening to the wind pass my ears. I then closed my eyes and began to cry. Why? Because, I felt so blessed. At that precise moment; I felt God's arms around me and felt this big hug from Him. The next moment, I felt as though I was gliding through the clouds looking down at myself standing there on the lawn, in suspended animation as all this was going on. Wow...what a day I was having.

Just for that moment, in my llife...I felt extemely happy. In the past two weeks, I felt down in spirit, low, just completely in a void of emptiness. Then, my daughter India, sent me a letter through the mail. it said, " Daddy, I just wanted to say I love you and that I thank you for being my Dad. You have been the greatest Dad to me in my life and I hope that you never leave me. I am looking for us to have enjoy grandmom's birthday together and let's all be happy". I couldn't move and was spelled bound. I mean, I see her every day and we talk all the time but to get a letter in the mail like that...wow! nothing...I mean, nothing, could have given me the strength that I needed and desired. The my other daughter (Bianca) came to me after her job and got out of her VW van and gave me the biggest hug and kiss for no reason and then said, "I'm off to school to check on something and I will see you later...I love you Daddy". and then she left...just like that! As I walked into the house, I got a phone call and it was my son (Gene, III) and he said " Hey Dad, what's you doing? I just wanted to hola and check on you. You good? ok...love you man!".

What man could have asked for anything more than to have his children just show him some love and express it the way they did that day. It was strange, for all three things happened right after the other, in a span of 35 minutes. No matter what happens in my life from this day forth; I will always remember that day and the way...God...gave me the biggest hug and let love be shown from my children, in the way it was. I am refreshed, recharged and standing tall...all because, love had it's way with me...from those that came from Him through me (and my beloved late wife-Isabelle)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let Go and Let God.

That is what happened. You trust in Him, and He reminds you that 'little' things we take for granted at times, are really the big things in our lifes that we live for.

God always uses people in our lives to remind us that it doesn't take anything material to make us happy. That is what He did again for you, Gene. What comes around goes around, and when you show love you will receive love.

Life can be so simple - yet so fulfilling.

Love... the one thing you can't buy, one thing that does not cost a thing - but is yet the greatest treasure on earth.

You are truly a blessed man!