Sunday, August 17, 2008

Taking Time To ReCoop

Hello All. Been some time since I last visited with you and shared. It has been quite a year for me (and my family) and I've decided to venture north, cross the border to Canada, with my two lovely daughters. This is "our time" that we further bond and enjoy the company of each other and truly grasp, what we are to each other-a family-with love, commitment and faith. The travel starts with us leaving the Tar Heel state of North Carolina (via Northwest Airlines) then landing in Toronto, Ontario. My girls, both of woman-hood status, are both in higher education attending the University of North Carolina-Greensboro. But when we cross the international airwaves, we are all transformed into joyous little ompus and elf's, just being jolly and with glee. I become the young teenager for my oldest daughter (India) who decides to take the motherly stances and keeps me and the younger (Bianca) in line and towing the lines. She gives us our do's and don'ts and makes sure that we are on point with the things that we have to do and eat. I am so submissive and proud at the same time.


Our location is Huntsville, Ontario (2 hours north of Toronto) A cute, lovely little town similar to "The Bridges of Madison County" with a river flowing through the city-town (ala San Antonio) with lovely eateries and shops along the river bank. People there, don't know of my "celebrity status", but have grown to enjoy my visits there each year (21 years now)

The racial lines there are mostly Canadian and French with several Scandinavians. African-Americans are non-existence (except for us) but there are some Jamaicans and Africans, at a percentage of 1%, if that many. But there hasn't been any issues of racial discrimination or prejudice that I have witnessed or experienced, in the many years I have been there.


While my girls each day primp and prime themselves for their daily outings, I, while there at the Olympia Sports Camp, prepare to lecture youth (ages 9-17) in several two hour sessions on athletics and life. I become transformed and filled with a peace that has long escaped me, for the last 10 months or more. This place (which I call Eden North) always renews my strength in life and people. The director (Dave Grace) has been not only a friend, but a father figure and one that has been so important in my life, that words and thanks could never express deary, of what he has meant to me and my family. I can only thank God for his involvement in our lives. I can honestly say- I love this man deeply and dearly and praise the works that he does with youth and the people of Canada.

In my off time, I do things that I don't usually have the time to do like canoeing, fishing and fitness. I have gain a love for canoeing and have become an avid student of the sport. Matter of fact, I began to have dreams of making the next Olympics- yeah, right! (lol) but I also get some reading in with the greatest book and structuring manual (the Bible) while being in this place of serenity. There are days where I sit, along the bank of the lake and read and stare at the beautiful sky and talk with God and hear what he has to say, like if I was talking to one of my boys or friends. Never am I so refreshed and soothed during that time. I feel so fortunate having this outlet and venue to partake in. And my girls, now that they are young women, enjoy the gifts of nature with friends there and just hang out being "girls."

Well, I've shared my experience up in the far north and shared what rejuvenates my spirit. I wish each and every one of you could have such an experience that we share there. With the region simulating parts of the mountainous areas of North Carolina and the lakes being full with fish, turtles and other sorts of animals, reptiles and species I care not to touch. I know that this is a place, that I could spend my last days and know that I would have peace. With the passing of my Mother (Barbara Banks) friend (Glenn Brown) and son (Kyle) within the last year, God has placed His embrace upon me, to still be on focus, with what He has for me to do...to serve, love and be a truly giving human being and I can surly say...without His mercy, love and grace, I would not care to live, but I must, because...I have more to do and more to give, while I am still upon this earthly plane and I must appreciate the love that I have received from Him and all of you, and make my life, a testimony for all to know. "I fall down, but still get up" is a gospel quote that stands true and I must continue to stand tall, even in the face of adversity and trials and further show love from my heart...to each and everyone, no matter what race, creed or color. For I am a child of God ,who makes mistakes and He has forgiven me as I forgive all that make mistakes to me- no matter what the scenario. I love you all very much and know that Jesus is love for He sacrificed His life, so that we could have, ever lasting life, in the Kingdom with the Father.

"For those I haven't been in contact with...please forgive me-I have had a multitude of matters to spiritually deal with."
I want to thank you all for your love, concern and prayers and please continue to send them up, for me and my family, as I will do for you and yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN - that is all there is to say!
Love you much!

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs time to Thank God. Your Blessing is here. Keep your faith and God will show the way.