Monday, February 5, 2007

J.J. Reddick's Retirment of # 4 at Cameron Indoor Stadium

I attended the ceremony of J.J. Reddick's retirement of his jersey number (4) to the rafters of Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke University. What an eventful moment for him and I was with envy and joy for the Reddick family. I was pleased to see again, present at the ceremony, former teammates Mike Gminski, Steve Gray and Kenny Dennard. Also present was former Duke great Grant Hill. The current Bluedevils did fall to the Florida State Seminoles basketball team (first time ever beating Duke in Cameron) by one point but all in all, it was quite an eventful evening for all Dukies and alumni players for J.J. Reddick. Oh..did I mention that I had dinner with former Duke women's All-Americans Alana Beard and Monqiue Currie while in Israel? Both are playing in Israel and it was ironic that they were there while I was there being honored.

No comments: