Monday, February 5, 2007

Our Family ...2007

We are truly blessed and thankful for all that we have been given thus far. Even though our lives have been changed thru the passing of our beloved wife, mother and friend (Isabelle) We have maintained and become stronger with God's love and mercy. My daughters, India and Bianca, have been truly wonderful and I am so proud of their maturity, growth and efforts in their academia, character and be responsible young ladies. My son, Gene III (Jr.) has been doing promotional work in the Philly area and continues to be a fine son in his efforts being a strong positive young man. I have been traveling much to countries such as Canada and Israel. Both have been enlightening and spirit-filled. My dad(Eugene, Sr.) is doing well in Philly and continues to keep us abreast of his daily comings and goings. My mom (Barbara) is well and has had a few bouts with high blood pressure but is a strong willed woman...my inspiration. My brother (Rick) has been a truly uplifting person in my life this new millenium. His communications to me on a daily basis, has been truly a spark in my life. My other brother (Darryl) is a proud father of two boys and has commited to being a strong male image to them each ad every day. My mother-in-law (Connie) has been a God spend to the support of raisng my daughters and I thank God for her commitment and love toward them.

Both India and Bianca are attending the University of North Carolina-Greensboro. India is a senior (with another semester to go) studying Business and Bianca is a freshman studying foreign Language. She wants to be an interpeter for the U.N. India's goal is to be an enterprenur in Real Estate. Gene, Jr. desires to be the next "Don King" of promotions (lol)

I am structuring a new development for the city of Greensboro, NC with academics, athletics and fitness thru The Gene Banks League. This non-profit organization was developed to support nad cater to the needs of the community youth. Our goal is to have an established basketball-mentoring program for young males and females thru this league and also cater to the elderly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lavone your "Our Family" blog was very nice...Remember your children are a reflection of you and your beloved wife...."train up a child in the way they should go and when they grow older they shall not depart from it".....You guys did an awesome job...Much love